Thursday, 6 November 2008

Good Job!


Just wanted to say how proud I felt of you guys today after I saw what you'd come up with in such a short time. 

The typing of the scripts, the enthusiastic acting, the reminders to 'face the audience!!', the focused way you were doing the props, overcoming your shyness to act in front of the class, remembering to look at the audience when you speak. 

It was all good. :) 

Just to list some things that made me really impressed... 

- the way Kishore took charge and did the script for the group
- how Zi Jian read so enthusiastically and expressively
- how Elroy was willing to take the group's ideas and incorporate them into his lines
- how the group made props with Daniel, Navin and David leading the way. I am really impressed with your 'shelter' for Wilbur! Not to mention your teamwork when doing the fence. that was really great. 
- how Chee Wee and Alvin switched roles and ended up doing better
- how well Boon How and Jonathan did as narrators
- the ideas that Clemence came up with...
- the way the group progressed from squabbling to being more focused and trying to remember to face the audience
- the way group 1 & 2 girls worked as a team and rehearsing so well together. I really enjoyed watching you guys esp Nadine bringing to life the idio-idio-idiosyncrasy of the goose! :p 
- it was really entertaining to watch you strut about pretending to be farm animals and seeing Delvine going 'so do it, do it, do it!', Lisa going 'Hmmm how about Pig Supreme?', Beatrice going 'But Charlotte... I'm not terrific!'. Kudos to Wei Li and Jia Min for memorising their very very very long lines and while I'm at it, kudos to Nadine for remembering that Double T double E etc etc CCCC line. I could see the rest mouthing the words along with you haha. Jing Yi's Templeton was cute too! "What's up!!" 
- the props made by group 3 & 4 girls were really impressive. You managed to finish the painting, the fence made by Yee Ann and the spider made by Priya were fantastic! I thought Hui Wen did a really good job as Lurvy with the 'Holy Moley Macaroni!' and your funny introduction by Wei Jia and Lydia (today) "I can show you my fist...." You worked as a team and managed to overcome your initial disagreements. I thought that was really great. Sandrina's cover page for the script was really nicely done too. 


So yep. That was a pretty long list. I think given the short time you had, what you've done is really quite awesome. 


No comments: